Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will join the team responsible for the data platform at the heart of our efforts to bring patients, doctors, hospitals and other stakeholders together to create a prime destination for health care needs. In your role, you will implement database technologies and development processes to support ground up database development for a Data Platform that is changing the game.
You will collaborate with cross-functional database and product development teams using Agile / Scrum, SQL Server, .Net and Open Source technology. If you are interested in growing your expertise in data technologies while innovating our engineering capabilities, this will be an exciting opportunity for you.
- Oversee day-to-day operational matters, provide training and manage performance related to company and individual OKRs.
- Oversee and manage complex development projects including plans, designs, schedules, and resource allocation while also being a hands-on programmer.
- Identify and implement process improvements based on project results, client feedback, and new technologies.
- Communicate project plans, status updates, issues, milestones, risks, and deliverables to all stakeholders. Manage project budget and allocate time and expenses to allow for ROI analysis.
- Create and maintain automated ETL processes with special focus on data flow, error recovery, and exception handling and reporting
- Create and modify data models and implementations as relates to RDBMS, DW, and BI.
- Build and maintain complex T-SQL statistical algorithms
- Design of specialized data structures for the purpose of data consumption by a public facing website and/or Business Intelligence data visualization
- Load, process and migrate incoming data feeds and create outgoing data extracts
- Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications
- Strong RDBMS and Microsoft SQL Server skills.
- Proven experience building and maintaining database structures, ETL processes, stored procedures, audit reports, data extracts, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, etc. to meet project objectives.
- Perform Unit Tests and internal QA checks to insure high quality deliverables.
- Good collaboration and idea sharing in team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a strong attention to detail.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of SQL Programming / ETL and data architecture management.
- Data modeling and corporate-level data management experience.
- Lead technical analysis and integration activities for new, external source data.
- Previously worked with Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Workflow Designer and Windows Presentation Foundation technologies.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Aurora MySQL, Spark, Streamsets, Kafka, Python, and Scala is a plus