Lead Software Architect
TITLE: Lead Software Architect
JOB TYPE: FTE
LOCATION: Denver, CO
We are an early-stage, venture-backed supply chain data platform that combines low cost sensing hardware and large-scale data mining to deliver actionable insights into what’s happening inside packages on their journey from source to destination. We are currently targeting life-saving vaccines and food industries and aim to disrupt many more global supply chains.
We are building a data platform to deliver insights into sensitive goods moving around the world. The platform incorporates time-series data from our hardware devices, external logistics information, weather data, product details, and other data sources that can provide meaningful insights for customers. Our data platform provides users with unprecedented visibility into supply chain quality conditions (temperature, humidity, shock, etc) and deep insights that can reduce costs and improve quality.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to lead the design and implementation of our software architecture. The successful candidate will see both the big picture of our road map, as well as make critical decisions throughout our evolution and growth. They will be a critical contributor to a young company’s product development and success, and work directly with the CTO and other co- founders.
You are a good fit for this position if you have an exceptional technical skill set, experience building enterprise-class, large scale software platforms, and the maturity and experience to play a lead role in architecting and building the company’s backend technology, serving cloud, mobile, hardware, and data platforms. Experience working with hardware and other IoT applications is strongly preferred.
Achieving our vision will be challenging due to the complexity of managing multiple technical specialties, but we believe the right candidate will be motivated to take on these technical challenges and bring a thoughtful, creative, and user-centered approach to perfect the user experience. Further, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who are inspired by our mission to reduce waste and improve health for people across the globe.
- Lead the design and development of the software backend architecture, including technology choices, data design, and other components to support evolving use cases and functionality.
- Ready and willing to get your hands dirty and wear many hats in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Take a leadership role in a growing engineering team. Emphasis on candidates who wish to grow into more leadership positions as the company grows
- Oversee progress of development to ensure consistency with design
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers and developers
- Collaborate with hardware, mobile, and front-end engineers to create a cohesive user experience across the platform
- Use tools and methodologies that help establish efficient processes for strong and rapid growth
- Assist in recruiting other individuals to build out the engineering team
- Proven experience building and architecting software platforms, specifically SaaS and data-intense environments
- Significant experience working in a variety of modern languages for web, mobile, and machine learning
- Significant experience designing and building micro-services architectures
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience both integrating with a variety of API’s and designing complex API’s for enterprise consumption
- Experience establishing infrastructure and dev ops best practices
- Understanding of successful quality assurance principles
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and experience