Sr. Solution Engineer (Web Services & Integrations)
TITLE: Sr. Solution Engineer (Web Services & Integrations)
JOB TYPE: FTE
Our Client Services and Data team is in the center of building out a suite of web integration services that support the firm’s marketing, distribution and client servicing initiatives. The technology team is looking for strong Groovy/Grails engineers with a strategic mindset who can join their development team and help advance our business focused digital servicing capabilities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for service-oriented architecture, Groovy/Grails, and love to collaborate with likeminded individuals.
Working in a collaborative team environment to deliver on current projects and help advance the technical platform. In support of this you will be:
- Helping to build a next generation set of REST-oriented services.
- Maintain and migrate existing services to a new platform.
- Working in an agile environment with product owners and a small development team to meet project deliveries.
- Employ engineering practices that ensure a clean, maintainable and extensible code-base.
- Supporting a strong culture of collaboration and technical excellence.
- 6+ years of experience in building and supporting web applications preferably focused on web services.
- Experience implementing mid-scale cross-functional integrations using enterprise integration patterns including messaging and service-oriented REST APIs.
- 4+ years of experience in working with a dynamic language such as Groovy (2.4)/Grails (3.2).
- Strong foundation in Grails plugin ecosystem including a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain plug-ins.
- In depth knowledge of Groovy, its idioms, MOP mechanisms, and how best to leverage them to build applications.
- Strong knowledge of database technology including relational and NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB.
- Strong track record of adopting test practices using TDD, Spock and continuous integration.
- Experience with automating build and deployment processes using tools such as Gradle and Jenkins.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-team agile environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An inquisitive mind and continuous learner who can contribute to creating a sustainable delivery culture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.