TITLE: Platform Engineer
JOB TYPE: FTE
LOCATION: Denver, CO
We are looking for a Platform Engineer. We think about how to scale teams and data. If this intrigues you, we are looking for skilled individuals who love to think about big data, write high-quality testable code, and employ the craft of software development. We need motivated developers who are excited about working in an open, highly collaborative, agile environment with a leading edge technology stack.
- Design and build software for our core platform to support high-volume, low-latency, distributed multi-tenant architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional product and engineering teams to define, code, and deploy product requirements.
- Execute performance tuning in a high-volume, concurrent, distributed environment.
Technologies We Use
- Deployment stack
- AWS (EC2, RDS, EMR, Lambdas)
- ChatOps with hubot
- Programming languages
- Protocol stack
- RESTful web services
- Data stack
- Important libraries
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics or Math OR equivalent.
- Solid experience with scaling high availability systems and heavy Web traffic
- Strong platform/JVM experience
- Solid understanding of OOP principles and design patterns like Singleton, Abstract Class, Factor, IOC Containers, etc.
- A solid understanding of TDD environments and automated testing concepts
- Experience with concurrency, relational databases, RESTful web services, test-first development, and Agile methodologies.
- Strong API experience is a MUST
- Postgres, Groovy, Maven/SBT, and Git
- Machine learning strategies and concepts
- Real world usage of statistical analysis to evaluate null hypothesis