Senior Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer – iOS
TYPE: Full Time Position (consider contract to hire)
You will be the first in-house software engineer on a project that has the potential to bring positive, transformative change to a key commodity industry. Our in store hardware is controlled by an iPad app, and you will lead the development of new app features, as well as the maintenance of existing ones, while working with our backend and frontend systems to make it all happen. Your team will be our entire technical team—part-time remote software engineers, firmware engineers, our Head of Design, COO and VP of Engineering. This is the first product of its kind in an industry that has used the same technology for decades.
Here’s what we’re workin’ with:
• Manage every piece of the production chain. You’ll code, test and PM our software.
• Help create and extend data feedback.
• Be a key player in strategic planning of our product roadmap.
• Participate in software demos and UX testing with our Head of Design.
• Work with our Head of Design to make sure we’re meeting iOS specifications.
• Stay organized. Our plan is to scale quickly, so when that happens we want the code to be neat and tidy.
• Experience with every environment we’re using, especially Swift
• Experience with test automation and release protocols and procedures
• Portfolio of multiple iOS applications you’ve developed and published to the App Store
• Experience integrating mobile applications with backend servers and databases
• Experience with testing and iterating on products based on user feedback to make them the best they can be
• Basic understanding of hardware/firmware engineering
• Strong language and documentation skills
• Experience building and managing software teams.
• Familiarity with the startup world: We’re in the early (but funded) stages. We work hard and have hard deadlines.
• Humility and flexibility: We’re a small but mighty team made up of many different disciplines and backgrounds.
• Authorized to work in the U.S.