TITLE: Sr. Developer
JOB TYPE: FTE
LOCATION: Boulder, CO (Gunbarrel)
The Senior Developer is responsible for software development and technical design activities related to E-commerce platform and related applications and systems. This person serves the E-commerce team in the areas of software design, coding, debugging, and technical/peer consulting. The role works closely with the development team, business analysts and the quality assurance team.
- E-commerce Systems Software Development
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Coordinate testing activity with Quality Assurance and software testers where appropriate
- Ensure development deadlines and software requirements are met
- Available for occasional after hours and weekend support E-commerce Technical Design
- Good communication skills interacting with clients and business owners to solve problems, demonstrating knowledge of the technical systems and solutions driving the business
- Identify technical software technologies on which to enhance the SE E-commerce platform
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Effective Team Member
- Plays an active role in developing technical skills and knowledge to be applied in E-commerce development activities
- Participate in frequent review of other developers’ technical work and approach
- Work will extend to interactions with other internal IT teams as well as external teams and partners with minimal to no guidance
- Responsible for communicating effectively with technical, non-technical and non-SME representatives around complex technical topics
- 5 to 7 years object oriented software development experience
- 5 to 7 years Web development experience (ColdFusion/ASP .NET/PHP experience required, ColdFusion experience preferred)
- 3 to 5 years SQL Server experience (minimum SQL 2008)
- Experience with (b2c) E-commerce preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Solr Search
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools
- Familiarity with software usability concepts
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
- Ability to take high-level direction, formulate a plan and execute
- Experience within an Bicycle or Adventure Sports Domain a plus
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Proven self-starting initiator
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time