JOB: SVP Engineering
TYPE: FTE Position (not contract)
LOCATION: Denver, CO
•Work cross-functionally across the organization, including with Product and Customer Success teams, to develop a multi-year technology roadmap that aligns with business goals and customer needs.
• Identify and prioritize development initiatives, setting timetables, metrics and reporting requirements related to testing, development and deployment of product features.
• Drive efforts to re-architect the current monolithic Microsoft .NET stack to a modern, microservices architecture.
• Deliver the technologies and policies needed to securely store, manage and analyze high volumes of data.
• Design and develop cloud-based systems and run testing in an automated fashion, where appropriate.
• Implement and optimize software engineering and product development methodologies and processes, including agile methodologies where appropriate.
• Ensure that technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost- effective manner.
• Establish best practices, including setting an engineering cadence, reporting requirements and key metrics around goals and deliverables.
• Develop a high-performing engineering team by instilling a strong engineering culture, fostering individual growth, and retaining and attracting high quality talent.
• Serve as the conduit between business, product, customer success and engineering to get products into production efficiently, without sacrificing quality/customer usability. Work with Product and Customer Success teams to set and communicate technology priorities for the engineering organization that match customer needs and priorities.
• 10+ years of software development experience within B2B enterprise software companies with SaaS software stacks and data platforms at scale.
• Experience building scaled data management, business intelligence and/or predictive analytics cloud software.
• Experience building high quality products using modern devops/agile processes.
• Experience working with a Microsoft .NET tech stack.
• Strong track record of translating product vision into actionable plans that lead to the creation of high-quality software.
• Experience designing secure distributed systems and assuring operational processes around security.
• Strong grasp of state-of-the-art technology platforms and ability to make educated decisions regarding tools and architecture.
• Experience leading 40+ person engineering teams in a variety of environments, ranging from start- up to large-scale B2B enterprise corporations delivering SaaS applications.
• Ideally has experience scaling a company from $10M to $50M+ in revenue.
• Ability to effectively articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
• Track record of fostering a collaborative engineering culture and building/mentoring world-class development teams.
• Collaborates well cross-functionally, specifically with Product and Customer Success teams, to define and deliver on short- and long-term product development goals.
• Curious, innovative thought-leader. Knows how to drive accountability and measurement. Also brings out the best in people and creates the opportunity for teams to innovate, think creatively and strategically, and have fun.
• Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy and drive to succeed – results orientation with a strong work ethic.
• Ability to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
• Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff, specifically highly capable engineers.
• The Executive Team collaborates closely and fosters a culture of leadership and accountability. This executive will operate best in a no-drama, no politics, no-BS environment.