Forging A New Path– Industries Hiring Now In Denver Tech
If you’re out of work due to the pandemic, or simply exploring your career options, this post is for you. On one hand, rebounding from losing a job can be difficult, but it also creates an opportunity to start over with a blank slate. We’ve compiled some research on industries hiring now, and how to get started.
If you’re still employed but itching to make a career move, that’s a valid place to be as well. Feel like you’re alone in wanting something better in the middle of a pandemic? On the contrary, a recent survey of 17,000 employees across industries indicated that 71% of respondents are actively looking for a new job. From where we stand, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so exploring should not be out of the question.
Tech Industries Hiring Now In Denver
2020 has been a year like none other to discern what’s most important to us, and pinpoint exactly what we need to survive, communicate, learn, and flourish. This has resulted in an emphasis on the services and businesses on which we rely most, and also cherish most. In other words, no one was surprised when technology’s role in keeping us connected and coordinating services became even more momentous than before.
So how does all of this focus on what we need impact which industries are hiring right now? The good news is that technology remains the ultimate common denominator, and there is always work to be done. Jobs are available in the logistics and delivery space, in telecommunications, health and wellness organizations, and many others. Use this list of industries hiring now in Denver to get you started:
- Investment and Financial Platforms: If you’re still standing on solid ground this year, it makes sense to get your money in order and work on your investments. Companies in this industry are hiring like Boulder’s Wunder Capital and a new player on the scene in Denver, Robinhood. Launching their Denver office in October 2019, Robinhood allows users to customize their investment portfolio with different companies and funds to help reduce risk, buy and sell stocks, and is also a commission-free investing platform. Describing their culture as “thoughtful,” Robinhood is hiring for more than 20 positions to help bring more asynchronous Python programming into their codebase.
- Logistics & Delivery: Start searching for companies that deal with big-scale or local logistics, delivery, and coordination. We need sound transportation and delivery services more than ever with the pandemic. Many companies in this industry are ramping up their efforts and expanding their services, and searching for new talent like Skupos. Skupos is driving efficiency in supply chain management, and helping small convenience stores grow their operations.
- Data Security: Expanded remote work definitely creates disruption for people, but also for data security networks. The demand for talented developers will continue to rise in this industry, as more companies seek to protect their data and information.
- Healthcare, Mental Health, and Wellness Platforms: Organizations that provide medical and PPE supplies, operational support, or other amenities for hospitals and clinics have certainly seen an influx of demand. Many of these companies need engineers to help scale and more effectively provide these services. Aside from hospitals on the front-lines of the virus, mental health is also a concern due to widespread isolation and lack of social spaces like schools, gyms, and restaurants. Everything from tele-therapy platforms to fitness applications to online individual wellness programs are all gaining traction and expanding their reach.
Unemployed? Stay Calm And Carry On
The staggering reports on unemployment can be disheartening, but there is a distinct difference between this year and the recession in 2008-2009. While the crash of the housing market felt like watching a cracking levy no one could patch up, we have much more say in the outcome of this minor recession. Industries working in collaboration to shift services and re-pivot have worked hard to accommodate safety regulations and keep the economy going. In short, lessons were learned from that time, and today, all of the collective effort allows for far more wiggle room and optimism than what the economy experienced over ten years ago.
As we have touched on before, businesses are working overtime to keep their employees on and provide new opportunities for those still searching for work, especially in tech. If you lost work and are still searching for new opportunities, please start by taking a look at industries hiring now on the BWBacon Open Jobs Board. Designed with BLKDG Digital Agency here in Denver, our brand-new jobs page allows for easy applying and shows the breadth of positions available in tech right now. If you have any questions, never hesitate to reach out to our team!
Other Local Tech Job Boards To Explore:
- BuiltIn Colorado: Though not exclusively a Colorado site, BuiltIn does a great job of refreshing their job boards, highlighting new companies that are hiring, and have specific search functions for a range of skillsets.
- Connecting Colorado: This job board may not be the glitziest, but it gets right down to what’s important. This site has thousands of jobs listed, including many in the tech industry and can be used by job-seekers and those posting jobs.
- TechFriends Slack Channel: TechFriends is a tight-knit Colorado-based and born community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about technology. There are specific channels dedicated to community events, jobs, job-seekers, a general channel full of funny gifs, and more. Definitely worth joining and saying hello.
- Denver Devs: Denver Devs is a highly engaged group of technologists with many benefits including the sharing of career opportunities but also to make friends and solve engineering challenges together. If you are a software engineer or tech-passionate who wants to be a part of the Denver tech community, look no further, you have arrived.
Seeking Something New? Uncover Your True Motivations For Moving On
Identifying the industries hiring now is absolutely a key step, but so is diving deeper into your priorities for what you want in a new job. We encourage you to take a moment of self-reflection, and identify the reasons you feel motivated to change careers or companies. If you’re not sure where to begin, take a look at our guide for How Personal Growth Plans Prioritize Your Life For More Success for more on goal prioritization.
Often throughout our process, BWBacon recruiters help candidates distinguish what is most important to them in the job search. Is it getting a raise? Is it working on a project you are passionate about? Demystifying your priorities may seem straightforward, but getting your thoughts out on paper can reinforce the direction you wanted to go in the first place, or spark new ideas entirely.
If at the end of the day, you know deep down you need a change of pace, why not try? Know you’re not alone, and that here at BWBacon we are here to help navigate this journey.
Revamp Your Job Search By Flipping The Script
Can’t find that position that has it all? Now and then when we are approaching how to achieve a certain goal, we can get pigeonholed into one way of thinking about the problem. Ask those you trust about how they might tackle your roadblock. Try to bounce your new career ideas off of a close mentor or friend, or just take a moment to express your frustration on the job search.
As the famous Theodore Roosevelt quote goes, “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty.” While Teddy might take the approach of a stiff upper lip, we also know nothing difficult is accomplished alone. Opening up the conversation can be a great first step in getting out of your own head.
Utilize this guide as a jumping off point for finding work, or planning your future career in tech. The industries hiring now will continue to evolve as time goes on, and we will continue to provide those insights and updates for the Denver tech community.
Here at BWBacon Group, we know and live what you are experiencing as an employer or job seeker in Denver, Boulder, Dallas, San Francisco, New York City or any of the other cities we work in. We believe great recruiting starts and ends with understanding people.
If you have any questions about living, working or playing any of the areas we serve, please contact us. We are happy to help. Seize the day, every day, that’s what we say!