Happy Holidays from all of us at BWBacon to you & yours! We love writing this annual post on everything you can do in Denver to get the most out of your holiday season. Want to stay in the car and see the lights? We’ve got a tour for you. Love the cold on your face and getting outside? Check out one of many outdoor celebrations happening around town this year.
This season, we hope you take extra time to destress and spend time with loved ones. We’re applauding the creativity of Coloradans who have made these events possible so we can all celebrate safely together. Let us know in the comments below if we left out any festive fun…
12 Holly Jolly Happenings Around Denver!
(Images from the Parade of Lights 2021 courtesy of Colin Llyod)
Whether you like exploring outdoor winter wonderlands or finding the perfect gift, there is something for everyone. Did you know that while lights have been used to decorate Christmas trees since 1882, it wasn’t until President Grover Cleveland used lights on the White House Christmas Tree in 1895 that they became a national sensation? One of the most magical parts of this time of year is seeing the glorious displays of lights all over the city from traditions both new and old…
- Luminova Holidays at Elitch Gardens
- Opening the day after Thanksgiving, Luminova Holidays at Elitch Gardens returns this year! With over 4 million dazzling lights, a 65 ft. Christmas tree, several 25 ft. snowman that never melts, a 300 ft. candy cane tunnel, and light-up hopscotch, Luminova is fun for the entire family or for bringing out your inner child. Get tickets here.
- Camp Christmas
- Last year, the creative minds behind Camp Christmas brought Denver's funkiest holiday activity to Lakewood for a fully immersive, vintage-decorated labyrinth of rooms, holiday cocktail bars, and Christmas activities. Described as the most “extra” Christmas event in the metro area and a “must-see for all ages,” come grab a hot drink (or a spiked one).
- Drink & Be Merry With Christmas Cocktail Bars
- Last year, Miracle Bars made their debut in the Denver area, and they were a sensation. Dressed to the nines with Christmas décor, these pop-up bars are hard to get into, but worth the wait for the unbeatable atmosphere and festive cocktails. Besides the usual Union Station bar, Miracle has also added brand new locations in Golden, Greenwood Village, Louisville, and Estes Park!
- 9News Driving Tour
- If driving around the neighborhood admiring people’s lights reminds you of childhood, you’re not alone. That’s why 9News created this interactive map and tour of the best lights depending on where you live in Denver! Or, visit every house on this grand tour of dazzling Christmas décor and imagine your making the pilgrimage to Bethlehem as you cover the distance of the US’s largest non-coastal city. Need more lights? Here’s another tour from 5280.
- Christmas In Color Driving Tours
- Have you tried this driving tour yet? Happening at two locations in Colorado this year, the Bandimere Speedway and Water World, you can bring hot chocolate and never leave the comfort of your car while enjoying more than a million lights on display. Synced to holiday music you can tune into via your car, it’s perfect for the whole family or a low-key night.
- The Mile-High Tree
- Created by a globally renowned Spanish lighting production company, this 110-foot installation is the largest of its kind in North America. Besides its impressive size, it naturally comes with a music and lights show. One of the best parts? It’s free, and open to the public through December 31st from 5 PM- 10 PM at Civic Center Park.
- Zoo Lights
- Zoo Lights is a classic Denver Christmas activity. Kids or no kids, there’s something nostalgic about the crafted neon animal shapes, then trying to spot their real counterparts in the dark. With more than two million lights sparkling over 80 acres, the Denver Zoo Lights is the perfect way to make memories with friends and family. Keep in mind masks are required this year, and tickets sell out fast- Find yours here!
- Blossoms of Light
- A truly unique show, this annual holiday lights extravaganza transforms the garden’s York Street location into a sparkling winter wonderland. This popular holiday outing has sold all of its tickets for December, but has a few days open in January! If you’re looking for a pick-me-up after the holidays have past, get your tickets here (members can get tickets at a discounted price.) Another option for light viewing is to check out DBG’s other location at Chatfield Farms which also has a walking lights tour and a few more open tickets before the new year, the Trail of Lights.
- Denver Christkindl Market
- Now through Dec 23rd, the Christkindl Market has free admission for anyone who wants to walk around, find gifts for their friends and family, and grab a snack…or two. Enjoy an authentic German holiday experience with Bavarian-style pretzels, Goulash, authentic Glühwein, Bavarian-style Biers, and hot chocolate. You can even download their new app to get the latest on vendors and events! Open this month on Sundays through Wednesdays, 11 AM to 7 PM, and Thursdays through Saturdays, 11 AM to 9 PM (with a few exceptions.)
- Cherry Creek Holiday Market
- Head down to Cherry Creek and the Filmore Plaza for the 3rd annual Cherry Creek Holiday Market. Hosting over 30 local vendors, find a great gift or local food and drink, now through December 24th. The Market will runs Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 11:00am to 7:00pm, Mondays from 12:00pm to 7:00pm, Thursdays through Saturdays 11:00am to 9:00pm! On Thanksgiving and on Christmas Eve, the market will run until 2:00pm. No tickets are required for entry.
- Holiday BAZAAR at Belleview Station, RiNo & Downtown
- Catch the free market happening December 10th & 11th from 11-5PM. Admission is free, but you can save on drinks when you purchase tokens in advance! Tickets/reservations (this link is for RiNo) include 5 Drink Tokens, which can be used for Holiday Cocktails, Craft Beer or Wine at any 2022 Holiday BAZAAR location.
- Colorado Ballet Presents The Nutcracker
- A Colorado staple of Christmas entertainment, the Colorado Ballet has been putting on the Nutcracker for over 60 years. Once again in-person, come see the elegance of this classic story at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, now through December 24th. Find ticket availability here.
- Get outside!!
- Whether it’s sledding with the family or taking a day trip away from the city to explore Rocky Mountain National Park, December is still a beautiful time of year to get outside. Try the annual Christmas Sweater 5k in Denver on December 19th, or get your skate on at the Denver Ice Rink! And if the i-70 gods bless your travel, it’s always worth it to visit one of Colorado’s many winter resorts for skiing, tubing, and other winter activities in the mountains.
Here at BWBacon Group, we know and live what you are experiencing as an employer or job seeker in Denver, Boulder, Dallas, San Francisco, New York City or any of the other cities we work in. We believe great recruiting starts and ends with understanding people.
If you have any questions about living, working or playing any of the areas we serve, please contact us. We are happy to help. Seize the day, every day, that’s what we say!